Wednesday, August 8, 2007
Decisions..decisions..
I bloody hell hate making decisions. Its even harder if those decisions are hard ones. Its all the more frustrating if you come up with a decision and everyone says your decision is lousy like shit, but when you get them to make the decision, they can't come up with a good one either. I sometimes sympathise with the government. They have had a hard time pleasing everyone.
NJ and RV was/is nice schools that make me feel almost like home. RV from the start promised a good school environment. A science niche school. Went there only to find a politically charged atmosphere, and lousy system for teaching. Undeniably, certain teachers were creative, good teachers. But they all left for other schools, when those schools gave them higher pay. And the incentive to leave was high too, who want to stay in such a pressurising atmosphere? The redeeming quality of those 4 years in RV was perhaps, the certain teachers who had been kind to me, the slacking hours in CLDDS with like-minded friends. "Always seen hanging outside the girls toilet..." And the sec3/sec4 times with a such a super high and spontaneous class. There're ppl with sharp brains(my type), there're ppl whom I could count on in times of need(what are friends for?), and there's ppl who bring sunshine and life to the class. Most of those ppl have moved on like me..those with sharp brains went to schools like RJ, HC. Those who brought color and life split to various schools, but mostly concentrated in NJ, in a particular class. And the nice Dota gang, that brings laughs and frustration simultaneuously. Laughs because they were times of great teamwork. Frustrations because most of time everyone works for themselves..so not so gd teamwork.
NJ has been kind, providing an excellent school atmosphere and opportunities, I never regretted my choice to pick that only school for DSA. My only regret was perhaps I never did much to return to the school, visibly in the form medals or competitions.. I'm still surprised why my application was even accepted in the first place, in light of my mediocre achievements(or close to none). Close to almost a home, except that my class has the worse atmosphere. Individually, none of my classmates are boring or bad or whatever. But as a group, the whole class just..like that lor. So sometimes I kinda pity those councillers who try to whip up the school spirit, even though I laugh at their efforts most of the time.
Making decisions are so hard, something I picked up early in my 4 years tenure as Prefect while in primary school. The totalitarian style fails, democracy doesnt work, and when i challenge people to show that they can do better, i dont see that either. Perhaps the differences are too great. Yet I dont see that great difference in goals leh...Ultimately, good results and a fun education is the goal yes? At least for the long years while in school.
Why choices..? Choice is the ultimate cause for inequality.




No comments yet