Thursday, December 13, 2007
Self-service/Service to nation
My last post here... until a very long time later.. NS in 2 days time. Surprisingly calm about it. Though I have one last thing to gripe about before I go. Was reading through the little propaganda booklet they gave us just after the medical checkup. And then I realized one of the things they test you is the proficiency in camouflage. By this I think they mean, applying the correct dye on your face, wearing leaves in your armor, so that you blend into the forest.
This is the correct camouflage and strategy to take, if we are still fighting in the forests of Southeast Asia. But we no longer have any forest in Singapore. We have some Nature reserves..but that is hardly crucial, because if they are invaders, they are likely to march through the urban areas of S'pore. So, unless you want to dress in stone grey, to camouflage with the concrete you're standing on.. I dun really see the point in camouflage. There exists still forests in other parts of Southeast Asia, but as we are unlikely to carry out any invasion with military force, camouflage is once again unnecessary. Surprise tactics, come with appropriate terrain, so.. Well, we'll see. Surprise tactics is really good if we want defend, or attack. What we are doing neither, for we are maintaining an army for the purpose of warning off would-be attackers. IN this case, we dont want to surprise, we want to show off. Professional suits, with really good technology backup, as well as good formation, would be the way to go. But we'll see, we'll see.




No comments yet