Tuesday, May 8, 2007

The Way


Haiz..I dunno why people can get so emotional about stepping down from cca. I suppose its the attachment thingy. You get bonded to that little bunch of friends who 'share the same interests' as you, do stuff together, slog till 9 at night together that kinda of thing. Or maybe there's this nice cosy room with relaxation stuff, where there is incentive for people to just hang around in the cca room after school hours. You certainly do not see people hanging around to play chess after school hours. o.0 Haiz..I am about to step down soon, but I still have a lot of adminstrative stuff to do. I still got a fund-raising to look after, a games extravangaza that looks like a failure soon, and to part of the great task in our team of 'pioneers' to revitalise the dead cca. I am soo looking forward to stepping down, because it means relinguishing a duty that I never wanted in the first place. You know, I think cca should be a place to have fun, and not a place to get stressed out. I am so certainly get pressured every cca session, and forgetting the have fun..
I tell myself not to fall in to the same trap..
That's not to say the cca have not has some fun together..Dota juniors vs seniors late night till 11.30pm at dhoby ghaut, meetings with the ever so humorous duo president and vice-president, soccer matches together at sentosa, erm wad else?
Yet, so inevitably..drawn like moths to the candlelight..
It's something of a trap if one gets too emotionally attached to any thing. Be it the school life, friends, cca, family, your favourite drink stall, your favourite teddy bear, etc. When you have to break it the time, you just feel devastated. And that devastation can cloud your mental senses. Not the most rational thing to be doing. I suppose there is a reason why monks cultivate themselves to cut themselves out of daily affairs, why Jedis advocate the calming of mind and emptying of emotion as part of their Way. Maybe the perception that this is just too cold, too inhuman. Well, I'm not saying that you make yourself to be completely emotionless. Learning to suppress emotions while still feeling can be quite useful. You do not need to completely cut off all emotional attachment. You just need to maintain a certain distance from it.
in girum imus nocte et consumimur igni
I dunno. I suppose its all very cold. Maybe most of you will think this is all completely rubbish. Who can say the monk does not feel? Maybe he is just good at suppressing emotion when required.
At least no one saw that..

No comments yet