Sunday, September 21, 2008

FF IX


Just finished playing Final Fantasy 9.. The story is really good. I know, I know its kinda late for start playing final fantasy, but seeing that I never got a playstation.. only recently I got a psp that I got to started on Crisis Core, and subsequently desired to know the stories of the other acclaimed final fantasy series..

Really, final fantasy 9 should be titled: How to Live by Zidane Tribal. For those who remember..

Virtue: You don't need a reason to help people. Therein lies the paradox of altruism. There's no visible gain from helping others voluntarily without extracting a price. Yet some do it. Of course, we need to recognise that the concept of gain and loss is really relative and fuzzy. The boundaries of what is a gain and what is loss move time to time.

Sorrow: How do you prove that you exist? Maybe we don't exist.. Existence problem is hung around many people's heads(most of all, philosophers' heads). How do you prove you exist? Perhaps..by deeds that you do, the ideas you leave behind, the memories of you in the hearts of others.. The deeds that you do, leave a mark on this world, the caused changes in your wake, much as a boat would as it bobs on the surface of water.. The ideas you leave behind, becomes symbol, for ideas are bulletproof and indestructible.. Ideas are proof of the potential of human creativity.. They become directions for others to follow.. Much as a planet would warp the space around itself, causing other objects around it to follow the curves.. The memories of you in the hearts of others.. live on even as you cease to exist. For you must have made a difference to the lives of others that you interacted with. I think, therefore I am..

Indulgence: I do what I want! You have problem?!! The choice is always yours to make.. and we must make it so that everyone makes their own choices.. To have others make choices for you.. that is to cease to live. Everybody have to make a decision somewhere.. for better or worse, you still got to make it. Therefore.. just do it. And then face the consequences later. Unless you already know the consequences of course..

Dilemma: Having sworn fealty, must I spend my life in servitude? Well, 'tis your choice.. Its surprising how leadership and service goes hand in hand, for your lord whom you swore fealty to depends on you more than you care to think.. Its a relationship that is mutual. Who says you need to live like dog always?

Devotion: Some day I will be queen. But I will always be myself. Oh yes.. our duties and destinies may require us to put on that mask, that mantle, but we should not forget that we need to be ourselves sometimes.. 'ere we forget to live, and live the lives of others.

Despair: To be forgotten is worse than death. Tell me about it... that you leave no mark behind in others.. shows that you are effectively not there at all, and therefore is as if you never lived.. or lived like a zombie and thus worse than death..

Arrogance: The only dependable thing about the future is uncertainty. Change the only constant around here.. If you are going to bet price of your stock in the stock market is going to be constant.. well, good luck to your wallet.. Over confident are we?

Solitude: I don't want to be alone anymore..

Garland: All life bears death from birth. Life fears death, but lives only to die. It starts with anxiety. Anxiety leads to fear. Fears leads to anger. Anger leads to hate.. Hate leads to suffering.. The only way to cure this is total destruction. In a world of nothing, there is no life or death, thus fear does not exist. This is the world that all life desires.

Life is a struggle, man.

People pass down stories of other people to whom they feel an affinity. The people in the story had flaws, as we all do. That is why they became heroes in the people's mind.

The story is actually much longer.. but the eidolon asked me to hurry up.

Wh..What..??! You defeated Ozma? I've come too far to retreat.. Onward!.. To FFVII.

No comments yet