Sunday, July 19, 2009

Mental wasting


Oh great gods from above, please give me something intellectually interesting to do.. I can scarcely believe that I very little drive from day to day. They just wear on, seconds giving away to minutes, minutes giving way to hours, to days, to weeks. So it stretches on and on. Out there, millions of people are struggling to continue with their lives, determinedly with hope despite circumstances, and here I am sitting around idly with nothing to do. My weekend at home has proved to be yet another boring one. With nothing really interesting enough to challenge my brain, the most mentally demanding task that I can engage on is to manage several sets of downloads at the same time. These downloads are the several anime series that I am currently watching, their stories much much livelier and interesting than mine.

Idly grappling with some math puzzles and physics problem do little to help, as I have not found any interesting enough to worth my extended attention. I tried programming something, but there is not much to useful to write a program for with my level of programming skill that is. I thought trying to program a game perhaps, but I lack good original game ideas. Planning for modules to read in Uni did made me feel I was doing something useful, for a while that is, but only occupied 2 hours of my time.

And so I am reduced to watching movies and anime series, playing an occasional game, read a book occasionally. Still I feel the lack of drive.

A rectangular piece of paper is folded such that one corner meets the diagonally opposite corner. If the length of the crease is the same as the long side of the rectangular paper, what is the ratio of length of the long side to the short side of the paper?

No comments yet