Saturday, January 10, 2009
New Year!
Its the new year! But guess how I spent my first week? Nothing! Yep, absolutely nothing. Lets see.. Monday, whole day slack in Sungei Gedong's canteen, sleep and eat, talk and sleep. Whole day. Doing nothing. Well, we thought it was the Monday blues, not to mention blues of returning to work after a 2 weeks leave.. so maybe those people up there are not really inclined to start work too. But take a look at Tuesday.. Erps. Ok morning we did a little checkup on our vehicles. Something that could be completed in 15 min tops. Subsequently we spent the rest of the afternoon sleeping at the canteen, eating and talking. Doing nothing again. Wednesday. Whole day in bunk. Thursday, morning went to Sungei Gedong to draw equipment. Again, stuff that could easily be finished in say 2 to 3 hours. So afternoon was slack time. Again. Friday. Whole day in bunk again. And then it was book out. HAHAHA, its a great week I thought. But it won't be so great next week, because for the whole of next week, I gotta go outfield.. GG T.T
And so I spent most of my free time playing PSP.. and watching movies and anime. Recently took great interest in watching anime. I guess I started to enjoy watching those well-drawn *kawaii* characters talk, and enjoy listening to them speaking japanese. Even though I do not understand japanese. Only abit now. But I enjoy more observing the very intricately laid out illustration of the interactions between characters. Or more often than not, the interactions of 1 person with many others.
Personality and character can been seen roughly when we interact with others on daily basis. But we only see others as we interact with them. We do not see the that interactions go on between others and others. In such shows, and in well written RPG stories, novels, we see a particular character for example, interact with others in its entirety. This whole mess of interactions with the main character at the centre of the web, is what we call the personality of that character. The many facets of the person. Too often we look only on 1 facet of people and forget about the existence of the other facets. That is superficialty. I guess, the characters portrayed in such anime, novels or RPGs like the Final Fantasy series, is interesting this way. Giving us a good glimpse at the various facets of a person.
Sometimes people don't even know about themselves. Many of these characters are a good illustration of flawed individuals looking for the meaning of their existence, or the meaning of their actions. I guess I have lost the admiration of old stories of heroes. Heroes who are too perfect to exist. The new age heroes are more often than not flawed to begin with, the line between hero and villain blurred.
There are all kind of interactions in this world. Because interactions bring change, change being a necessary thing. In science, we learn of interactions between particles. We call such interations forces. And we have nice rules for these kind of interactions to the extent that we can reasonably predict them with accuracy. Interactions in the human world is not so nicely ordered, because we are conscious and free individuals. But still, there are attempts to explain many of these interactions. We knows these attempts as Economics, Psychology, and Politics.
Perhaps its my passion for science, that has now spilled over, allowing me to enjoy observing people interact with one and other.
Its back to watching anime time! In the meantime, I'm super excited to have a monster gaming machine at home! A new Dell XPS! 24 inch moniter and surround sound system. Muahahaha. Till next time~
I am simultaneously ahead and behind others. Who will walk equal with me? Or rather, who will I walk equal with?
What did I wish for? Even now, I cannot see the shape of my future dreams.




No comments yet